Dear Supporter 

As you may be aware, the UK Government has recently approved Basketball England's (BE’s) Return to Play Roadmap and Guidance, allowing it to move to Level 2 of its response plan :- 

In light of this, we have been working on a detailed COVID-19 risk assessment as we appreciate that parents would wish to know what risk mitigation steps we are taking before deciding whether to send their child back for the new season, which we are planning to start on September 12th. We have been advised that our normal venue at Aylesford School will not be let to external clubs for the remainder of this year and we will therefore be recommencing for the new season at Maidstone Grammar School for Girls (MGGS) (directions can be found here).

The main themes arising from this risk assessment are discussed in the attached guidance note and we have also produced this short video

While we have attempted to address the frequently asked questions parents may have in a set of Q&As (also attached), you are invited to contact Chris Fairs, the Club's COVID Officer, if you have any other concerns and / or would like a copy of our detailed risk assessment. You are strongly encouraged to read both of the attached documents carefully as appropriate acknowledgments / confirmations will be required as part of the (re)registration process, further information on which will follow from Chris shortly. 

We really appreciate your continued support of the Club and hope we can count on it for the new Season. There will inevitably be a period of adjustment as we all get used to the new measures, so please bear with us. 

Warm regards. 

Wayne Wright


COVID 19 Guidance for Parents

COVID 19 Q&As for Parents