Please see below the updated COVID protocols and we look forward to seeing you next Saturday, 8th January
Against the backdrop of increasing rates of infection, and with the wellbeing of our players and spectators foremost in our minds, we have decided to continue with the protocols that were applied before the Christmas recess. By way of a recap, these are as follows and are informed by UK Government and Basketball England (BE) guidance :-
- Everyone will be required to show proof of a negative lateral flow test (LFT) taken within the previous 24 hours. For efficiency and ease of reference, images of negative LFTs for players should be posted on your relevant WhatsApp group at the time of the result being known. Please message me asap if you have not yet been invited to join your WhatsApp group. Proof of negative LFT results for all spectators should be produced on arrival at the sports centre. We are of course mindful of the current shortages of LFT kits and will closely monitor the situation before deciding if this requirement needs to be modified in any way;
- All players and spectators will be temperature checked and asked to sanitise their hands. If you are found to be over 37.8C we will ask you to go home and rest and consider taking a PCR test;
- All spectators will be asked to wear a facemask;
- We will ask spectators to adhere to social distancing guidelines when inside the sports centre;
- A 10 minute changeover will continue to apply between training sessions to allow sufficient time for touch surfaces to be sanitised and minimise the intermingling of different age groups. Players are reminded that they must not enter the sports hall before the allotted start time for their session; and
- We understand that some parents are nervous to expose their children to risk, especially if you are seeing those who are screening or are vulnerable. If this is the case then we would encourage you not to attend the session to minimise any angst or fears.
Membership Renewals for Term 2
For those of you paying subs by term, you should have received a request to renew your membership for the next term (commencing on 8thJanuary), along with the scheduled direct debit payment. Could you please take steps to renew membership for Term 2 before we return next Saturday.
New Kit / Merchandise Orders
I will be submitting our next batched order for new kit and merchandise when our suppliers reopen for the New Year. Orders for kit (via the Club’s website here) and merchandise (via an order form which is available on request) should be submitted by no later than 8th January. I do have some limited kit samples that can be used to check sizing options.